If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
Legal Bases for Using Personal DataWe only process your data if we have a legal basis for doing so, such as:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- To perform our contract with you or to take action at your request before entering into a contract.
- To protect our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
- When you have given consent to our specific usage.
International TransfersSome of our processing of your personal data may involve transferring that data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We have taken measures to ensure that any transfers of personal data to countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection for personal data are carried out under contracts containing binding commitments from those countries to comply with EU standards. These include the US. Where personal data is processed by entities located outside the EEA, we require them to process your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy laws, including the Data Protection Act 2018.
Retention of Personal DataWe will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, including to ensure that you receive the best possible service from us. For example, if you have requested information from us, we will keep your details until we are able to respond to your request. We may need to retain your personal data for longer than permitted by law where there is a risk that we might be unable to recover lost or stolen data or where we believe that retaining your data is required to protect against legal claims, prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Data Subject Access RightsYou have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal Data: You have the right at any time to ask us for confirmation as to whether we process your personal data and, if so, what level of protection it receives.
- Right to Correction: You have the right, within certain limits, to have your personal data amended or deleted.
- Right to Erasure: You have the legal right to ask us to erase your personal data as long as there are no legitimate reasons for this.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right not to provide consent to the collection of your personal data unless there are specific grounds for doing so.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information as long as there is a legitimate reason for this.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to our processing of personal data as long you have given us valid consent.
- Right to Portability: You have the legal obligation to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly accepted format and to transmit that data to another controller, including direct transmission to another controller, where technically feasible.
- Right to Restriction: You have the right to limit our processing of your personal info as long as a legitimate reason exists, and you have the option to revoke your consent.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal details as long as a legitimate reason exists, and you can revoke your consent.
|Provider||Name of cookie||Purpose||Type||Duration|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||2 Years|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||24 Hours|
|Google Analytics||_gat_||Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 Minute|
|Dotdash||TMog||Dotdash client id – Used to identify unique browsers||Persistent||68 Years|
|Dotdash||Mint||Dotdash session id – Used to identify all activity within a session||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|Dotdash||pc||page count||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|Dotdash||ds_ab||AB Testing segmentation information||Session|
|Google (GTM/GA)||_dc_gtm_||Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 Minute|
|Sailthru||sailthru_pageviews||Page view count by the user on-site||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|Sailthru||sailthru_content||Tracks recent pageviews for visitor||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Sailthru||sailthru_visitor||Client Id||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Google DFP||__gads||Ad targeting||Persistent||2 Years|
|gsScrollPos-||Scroll position tracker||Session|
|Bounce Exchange||bounceClientVisitv||Client tracking information||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Lotame||crwdcntrl.net||Maintain ads and personalization profile||Persistent||9 Months|